Renew your CSA Share for 2023 by October 16th to take advantage of our $25 preseason discount!
First A Thank You
First and foremost we want to thank you for choosing us to be your farmers in 2022. We know many of you have been with us since our farm beginning or even before (at my former farm business)! Knowing you, the foods you and your families love, your challenges and successes (and you knowing the same of us!) is one of the things we most value about CSA.
You may have joined our CSA because you love vegetables, were committing to your health or wanted a better eating experience. We also know that many of your chose us for other big reasons like wanting to support a farm which was rooted in ecology or a farm that pays its farm workers (and ourselves) a living wage. While we can’t solve all the worlds problems we see farming as a way to deeply engage and support a community food system, to provide good food to all regardless of income, and to role model and improve organic farming systems that are better for the environment. Being in our CSA supports those missions too.
2022 has been my best farming season since I started in 2006 for many reasons including our supporting CSA members, an incredible farm crew, good weather, improvements in farm infrastructure and maybe even experience. Thank you for allowing us to do what we love, to stock your kitchens and to be part of your life and health!
Kat with Logan, Riley, Ted and Maple and our entire 2022 farm crew
Our CSA is Still A Great fit if
- You enjoyed the seasonal journey with our farm.
- You love eating seasonal vegetables.
- You enjoy cooking new items and trying new recipes.
- You value supporting our organic family farm and connecting with us.
- Home delivery or current pick up sites work well for you.
- Note: If the traditional weekly or every other week schedule is difficult, we have a new “Choose Any 10 Boxes” share!
What Comes with a 2023 Membership
- A box of certified organic vegetables delivered in the way/seasons you like (weekly, every other week, NEW “Choose 10 Boxes” share – Spring, Summer, Fall or All Season).
- Free Delivery to neighborhood drop sites or $5/delivery home delivery.
- A weekly CSA newsletter with farm news, recipes from Kat’s Kitchen, Box ID and photo, and more.
- Additional recipe and resources via our CSA member page.
- An invitation to two free farm events in 2023.
- Access to our private Facebook group NEW IN 2023.
- A relationship with your farmer and farm family and better understanding of our unique seasons, celebrations and growing challenges.
New Things This Season
- THIS YEAR THE SIGN UP IS HAPPENING ONLY ONLINE. There are no more paper forms. You will fill out a google form instead.
- Sign up is earlier this season – By moving to and earlier sign up for current members with deposit we feel like we are balancing our farms need to fill our CSA spots in fall (since we order seed and do our major planning before the New Year) while making the main payment due after the New Year as November and December are often times many families have the most strain on their budgets.
- New “Choose 10 Boxes” option – We have added an option for you to choose 10 CSA boxes during the whole season 30 week harvest season (including spring, summer and fall). You will be provided a calendar in spring 2023 to set dates.
- No more small shares – our small shares were never very popular and over time we realized they provided more challenges for us. If you are worried about receiving too much produce, The Every Other Week Share, Market Share, and Choose 10 boxes options will work well for you!
- Longer spring season – We have added an extra week to spring shares so they are now 6 weeks!
- The Full Season Share is the BEST VALUE per week with the cost of 1 week provided for free (30 weeks of delivery at the price of 29 weeks).
How to Sign Up
2022 CSA members wanting to sign up for the 2023 season can reserve their spot by:
- On or after October 10th* click one of the green buttons on this page that says “Sign up for the 2023 Season”
- Fill out the sign-up form below
- And make a non-refundable payment of $50 as a deposit to hold your spot by October 31st
*Sign up by October 16th to recieve $25 returning member discount.
**The remaining balance will be invoiced on January 15th.**
One the 17th, we will open 2023 CSA shares to new members and continue until the CSA is full.
Share Types, Dates, Prices and More
Aside from changes noted above everything else for next year is essentially staying the same as 2022, but let’s review the options in case that’s helpful!
- Full Season Share ($975) – 30 weeks, May 3- November 22, 2023
- Spring Weekly Share ($215) – 6 weeks, May 3- June 7, 2023
- Summer Weekly Share ($650) – 20 weeks, June 14- October 25, 2023
- Summer Every-Other Week Share ($375) – 10 weeks, June 14/21- October 18/25, 2023
- Fall Share ($145) – 4 weeks, November 1- 22, 2023
- Choose 10 Boxes ($400) – you choose which weeks you receive boxes!
- Market Share ($400) – enjoy the benefits of CSA membership, while using a $400 credit to shop at the Saturday market whenever you want May 1 – November 22, 2023
Pick-up Locations: all deliveries are on Wednesday with the exception of the Wausau Farmers’ Market which is on Saturdays.
- Wausau Westside
- Downtown Grocery- Wausau
- Stevens Point
- Marshfield is Home Delivery Only in 2023
- Wausau Farmers Market (Saturday pick-up)
- Home delivery for $5 per delivery