Renew your CSA Share for 2024 by October 15th to hold your spot and take advantage of our $25 preseason discount!
First A Thank You
We want to thank you for choosing us to be you farmers this season. We know many of you have been with us since our farm beginning and have supported our farm in ways that have helped us grow, invest and expand. Knowing you, the foods you and your families love, your challenges and successes (and you knowing the same of us!) is one of the things we most value about CSA.
You may have joined our CSA because you love vegetables, were committing to your health or wanted a better eating experience. We also know that many of your chose us for other big reasons like wanting to support a farm which was rooted in ecology or a farm that pays its farm workers (and ourselves) a living wage. While we can’t solve all the worlds problems we see farming as a way to deeply engage and support a community food system, to provide good food to all regardless of income, and to role model and improve organic farming systems that are better for the environment. Being in our CSA supports those missions too.
Remarkably 2023 has been our best farming season. I have said this same thing for the past 4 years but each year has in fact been better using many measures. We weathered the drought this year without impact on most crops because we were prepared with a new well, a great returning farm team and also because we has the support and obligation of our CSA member. Thank you for allowing us to do what we love, to stock your kitchens and to be part of your life and health!
Kat with Logan, Riley, Ted and Maple and our entire 20223 farm crew
Our CSA is Still A Great fit if
- You enjoyed the seasonal journey with our farm.
- You love eating seasonal vegetables.
- You enjoy cooking new items and trying new recipes.
- You value supporting our organic family farm and connecting with us.
- Home delivery or current pick up sites work well for you.
What Comes with a 2024 Membership
- A box of certified organic vegetables delivered in the way/seasons you like (see below for all options!)
- Free Delivery to neighborhood drop sites or $5/week home delivery.
- A weekly CSA newsletter with farm news, recipes from Kat’s Kitchen, Box ID, photos, and more.
- Additional recipe and resources via our CSA member page.
- An invitation to 1-2 free farm events in 2024.
- A relationship with your farmer and our farm family that helps you gain a better understanding of our unique seasons, celebrations, and growing challenges.
New/Updated Things This Season
- We are sticking with our earlier sign up this season – By moving to an earlier sign up for current members with deposit we feel like we are balancing our farms need to fill our CSA spots in fall (since we order seed and do our major planning before the New Year) while making the main payment due after the New Year as November and December are often times many families have the most strain on their budgets. This early sign up also helps our members who need financial assistance get into the partner shares program earlier!
- Shorter Summer Season but a longer Fall Season – We are shortening our summer season to 18 weeks but making the fall CSA 6 weeks so that fall and spring shares are the same length. Our spring share will remain the same in 2023 and we still have our Choose 10 share (and even added a Choose 20 share to give better value to those who want to receive more boxes throughout the year!)
- The Full Season Share is the BEST VALUE per week with the cost of 3 weeks provided for free (30 weeks of delivery at the price of 27 weeks).
How to Sign Up
2023 CSA members wanting to sign up for the 2024 season can reserve their spot by:
- On or after October 9th* click one of the green buttons on this page that says “RENEW YOUR CSA NOW!
- Fill out the sign-up form.
- And make a non-refundable payment of $50 as a deposit to hold your spot by October 31st
*Sign up by October 15th to receive $25 returning member discount.
**The remaining balance will be invoiced on January 15th and Due by February 15th (unless a payment plan is arranged).**
On October 16th, we will open 2023 CSA shares to new members and continue until the CSA is full.
Share Types, Dates, Prices and More
Aside from changes noted above everything else for next year is essentially staying the same as 2023, but let’s review the options in case that’s helpful!
- Full Season Share ($1010) – 30 weeks, May 1- November 20, 2024
- Spring Weekly Share ($240) – 6 weeks, May 1- June 5, 2024
- Summer Weekly Share ($650) – 18 weeks, June 12- October 11, 2024
- Summer Every-Other Week Share ($375) – 9 weeks, June 12/19- October 4/11, 2024
- Fall Share ($240) – 6 weeks, October 18- November 20, 2024
- Choose 10 Boxes ($425) – you choose which weeks you receive boxes!
- Choose 20 Boxes ($800)- like the choose 10 but you choose 20 weeks during the 30 week season to receive your shares.
- “Market” Share ($400) – enjoy the benefits of CSA membership, while using a $400 credit to shop online (with delivery to any CSA site/choose home delivery) or at the Saturday market when we are there. Credit runs May 1 – November 22, 2023
Pick-up Locations: all deliveries are on Wednesdays.
- Wausau Westside
- Downtown Grocery- Wausau
- Stevens Point
- Athens (free home delivery for our hometown members)
- Home delivery for $5 per delivery – see our Pick Up guide for information on specific areas served with home delivery.