Employment at Cattail Organics
We offer positions with opportunities for advancement, raises and movement into managerial positions with gained experience.
We continue to take job applications throughout the year and hire when opportunities to work with great employees arise. See full list of open positionsbelow.
Note that we are hiring 1-2 people for either part of full time employment in 2023. Positions can be combined (i.e. wash pack manager part time & field crew part time or Part Time Field Crew & Farmers Market Lead).
Pay ranges from $13-$18/hour starting wage based on position and experience.
TO APPLY READ BELOW, EXPLORE JOB DESCRIPTIONS AND FILL OUT THE JOB APPLICATION HERE
Wash Pack Lead (Manager) Part time 2 days a week open currently. Can be combined with other positions
Saturday Farmers Market Lead Currently Open – This position is Saturdays 6:30am-11:30am (or 5:30am for employees who are starting in Athens. Contact us for additional info.
Field Crew Summer 2023 Part or Full time available
Field Crew Long Season 2023 Part or Full time available
Apprentice – This position is based around the Organic Vegetable Farm Manager Apprenticeship Program and involves a 2 year commitment. Applicants interested should read more here (https://www.csacoalition.org/apprenticeship) and can also apply to start as a Long Season Field Crew member.
All Applicants for All Positions must meet the following qualifications – Click on individual job positions for details for each.
- Able to work within a hanging and fast-paced environment
- Pass basic background check as needed for vehicle operation
- Cleanish driving record – we work with our farm vehicle insurance agent to determine this so minor infractions are usually ok.
- Passion and interest in working/learning about small-scale, organic vegetable, herb and flower production
- Self-starter, self-disciplined, goal orientated
- Comfortable with a woman led farm and female managers
- Comfortable with kids and a family working environment
- Ability to work both independently and as a team member
- Be in good physical condition, work in all weather conditions, and able to lift 40 lbs
- Ability to work in a potentially challenging environment and be adaptable
- Have transportation and be punctual
- Interested and willing to ask questions
- Attention to detail, experience building efficient systems, and record-keeping
- Outstanding communication (oral) skills; share and accept feedback in a team environment