Plant Sale 2022
Find our plants at the Farmers Market of Wausau Starting May 7th!
We offer a range of 100% Certified Organic vegetables, herbs, edible and common flowers. We specialize in culinary herbs, tomatoes and peppers. All plants are selected based on our own trials on our farm over the past 15 years as well as specific favorite requests from gardeners in our area.
Pre-Orders open March 14th at 8am
Early Bird Discount Runs March 14th-April 1st – Get the Best Value
- Preorder plants for later pick up – 20% off all orders over $50
- Purchase a Cattails Garden Card – $50 ($60 value) or $100 ( $120 value)*
*Garden Cards can be used anytime March 14-May 28th to preorder for pick up or to shop in person for seedlings. Your gift card codes are delivered via email. You can use the card multiple times as you plan your garden.
Preorder Pick Up Days
- Saturdays May 14th or May 21st Wausau Farmers Market
- Wednesdays May 11th or May 18th at Central Rivers Farmshed in Stevens Point (with a home delivery via bike option)
- Pick Up May 14th-May 22nd at the farm by appointment.
- NOTE: You can request early pick up of seedlings (May 7th) if needed.
Gardeners who would like to plant some things early should place two orders one of “cold hardy” vegetables and one with summer vegetables less able to take frost. Note early pick up in the notes section of your order next to “cold hardy” as needed.
Choosing Plants – A Quick Guide
We encourage you to look through the whole selection of seedling but know it can be A LOT for those new to gardening
- Herbs, Flowers, Tomatoes, and Peppers are all listed in the format “Herb, Rosemary,” “Flower, Zinnia” or “Tomato, Cherokee Purple”. This allows you to sort alphabetically can look at categories.
- All other vegetables are listed by crop type like “Kale,” “Lettuce”
- Bundles of items including our complete herb garden; container garden; salsa garden; kids garden and more are all listed under with the format “Bundle, Kids Garden” etc. These are created to make shopping easy and are great options for new to gardening folks or to find varieties more easily to fit your needs. The bundles also include other ideas for plants that fit well in the given category.
- Our primary way to discount seedlings is the Early Bird Discount Period and Pre-orders. However we do offer discounts for volume (see pricing below) and via our farmers choice packs. Farmers Choice Packs are listed as bundles with the format “Bundle, Farmers Choice Mixed Tomatoes Discounted”
Pricing and Plant/Container Size
- Single Large Plants – $4 per 3 inch pot or $15/4 pots. This includes herbs, tomatoes, peppers. Discounts here are for specific variety only. For mixed plants with discounts explore the bundles.
- Cucurbits – 2 plants in a 3 inch pot $4 or $15/4 pots. Includes Summer and Winer squash, cucumbers, melons.
- Flowers, Lettuces, Onions, Leeks and Scallions are sold in 4 packs only these are connected 4 packs with 4 x 2 inch cells. They are $6 per 4 pack or 3 x 4 packs/$15
- All other vegetables – $6 per 4 packs (4 x 2 inch cells) or Single 3 inch pots for $3. The single plant option is helpful for smaller gardens, containers or people who just want to experiment while a 4 pack is the best value.
- If you want bulk pricing for very large gardens (whole flats) or farms (we offer farm specific flat sizes and options) please contact us directly.